The African Forum of Territorial Managers and Training Institutes targeting Local Governments (FAMI) is an initiative of the African Local Governments Academy (ALGA) of UCLG Africa.
The FAMI is part of the Celebration of the International Day of the Public Service decided by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on June 23 of each year with the objective of promoting and valuing human capital (elected local, territorial managers, responsible for training) of African Territorial Communities. If it is the Human Capital that accompanies the populations, the citizens, the communities, the institutions, the companies, etc … in their daily life, through the provision of administrative, economic and socio-cultural public services, it is a Human capital often ignored, marginalized, demotivated, forgotten, disadvantaged and above all disoriented. FAMI offers this African Human Capital a space where it is made visible, celebrated, motivated and respected.
The Forum is also an unprecedented annual meeting place that welcomes all actors and stakeholders involved in Decentralization, Local Governance and Local Development in Africa, including Ministries in charge of Territorial Communities, Associations of Territorial Communities, Territorial Communities themselves, local elected representatives, local elected representatives, territorial managers, training and research institutes, international organizations, the private sector and the various components of civil society.
The Forum is now in its fourth Edition.
- Concept note in English [Download the PDF]
- Registration form in English [Download the PDF]
- Concept note in Arabic [Download the PDF]
- Registration form in Arabic [Download the PDF]
- Concept note in Portugues [Download the PDF ]
- Registration form in Portugues [Download the PDF]
- Information Note about the Kingdom of Morocco & on the City of Tangier [Download the PDF]
- Presentations [Download the PDF]
- Photos of the Sessions and Workshops [Download the PDF]