UCLG Africa, through its African Local Government Academy(ALGA) takes the opportunity and global space of UCLG World Congress to organize a Session on “Promoting the Principles of Effective Governance in Africa: Peer Learning among African Local and Regional Governments”, as an opportunity to rise awareness about the cruciality of Effective Governance for Local and Regional Governments (LRGs) not only in Africa, but globally, as a key lever to promote and anchor Decentralization, to enhance Local and Regional Governance, and above all to impact the local and regional development.
Raising Awareness about the existence of the 11 Principles of Effective Governance adopted by ECOSOC in 2018 and allowing the ownership of such Principles by the LRGs.
- Publicizing, popularizing and disseminating the 11 Principles of Effective Governance among LRGs, in particular in Africa;
- Demonstrating to what extent LRGs in Africa are committed to implementing and anchoring Effective Governance in their vision, leadership and governance;
- Sharing on the best way to create a supportive, facilitating and enabling environment for the implementation of these Principles at Local and Regional level;
- Exploring niches of collaboration with UCLG World Secretariat and its Regional Sections on the Principles of Effective Governance;
- Identifying training and capacity building needs in this area.
Expected Date and Venue:
Tuesday October 11th, 2022 from 10:00am to 11:30am (Daejeon Local Time).
Venue: Daejeon Convention Center (DCC1) – 204-205
Modalities of Organization: In person.
For More Information: [+]
Report of the Session: [+]