The 4th Edition of the Forum of Territorial Managers and Training Institutes targeting the Local Level (FAMI 4) will be organized from 23rd to 28 November 2020 in Tangier, Kingdom of Morocco.
The Forum will be an opportunity to exchange on the implementation of SDG 16 at the Local Level, particularly in Africa, to discuss the obstacles and challenges that continue to hamper this implementation and to share good practices and successful experiences contributing to the promotion and anchoring of responsible, transparent, honest, efficient and accountable local public institutions to move resolutely towards Sustainable Development.
The specific objectives are:
– Informing and awareness raising on the centrality of the Decade of Action, particularly in Africa;
– Stocktaking on the progress made in the implementation of SDG 16 at the Local Level, particularly in Africa;
– Stocktaking on the progress made on the implementation of the International and African Instruments on Preventing and Combating Corruption;
– Discussing Transformative Leadership that can drive positive change and lead to widespread improvements in people’s lives;
– Sharing on the new Principles of Effective Governance adopted by the UN in 2019;
– Exchanging on the principles and modalities of promoting integrity of political leaders and Public administration at the local level;
– Giving visibility to and learn from good practices and successful experiences from around the world on issues related to the Forum Theme;
– Providing a space for awareness raising, training, capacity building, peer learning and networking for Local Elected Officials, Territorial Managers and Training Institutions;
– Discovering a new Region of the Kingdom of Morocco, namely the Region of Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima;
– Organizing the 5th Academic Board of ALGA, including a Peer Learning event targeting the Anchoring Institutes of ALGA and its Partners.