UCLG Africa, through its African Local Governments Academy (ALGA) will organize an online Capacity Building Workshop On PROMOTING HUMAN RIGHTS, EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT LOCAL LEVEL: “Local approaches to guaranteeing women’s rights”, in Partnership with the International Centre for the Promotion of Human Rights at the Local and Regional Levels
Under the auspices of UNESCO and the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Sciences in the Arab States – Cairo, from 7 to 9 December 2020 On the BigBlueButton Application of the International Centre for the promotion of Human Rights at the local and regional levels under the auspices of UNESCO;
This online capacity-building workshop, while promoting the importance of Human Rights at the local level, aims to:
• Increase political commitment and social demand for inclusive and sustainable cities, anchored in the fundamentals of Human Rights, the Agenda 2030 and 2063 for Africa, and the New Urban Agenda, and the African Charter on Values and Principles of Decentralization, Local Governance and Development
• Increase engagement of local government actors in the field of Human Rights as well as to enhance city planners and decision makers’ ability and commitment to promote inclusion through systems, policies, and processes
• Apply field-tested methods and policy tools for the advancement of Human Rights at the local level, such as the Toolkit for Urban Inclusion in Arab Cities, to the context of participants.
• Provide an opportunity for local experts and officials to enhance their capacities
• Serve as a platform to share experiences and good practices and initiate in-depth learning among participants.
Time: 12:00 – 14:30 (UTC+1)
Language : English
Concept Note : [+]