On the occasion of the Celebration of the International Cities Day, United Cities and Local Governments of Africa(UCLG Africa) organize a Virtual Urban Thinkers Campus On: “Promoting Local Government and Citizen Engagement for the City We Need in Africa, in Time of Covid-19 and Beyond”, from 27 to 28 October, 2020.
– Information- Information and awareness on the current difficulties and challenges in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic;
– Explaining and demonstrating what the engagement of Local Authorities and Citizens consists of in times of crisis, such as the Covid-19 pandemic;
– Presenting and sharing successful experiences in Africa and in different other regions of the world on the concept and approaches of inclusive and participatory engagement in times of crisis;
– Informing, raising awareness, learning, learning from peers, training and building capacity on the Ten (10) Principles of the City We Want, with emphasis being placed on Principles 1, 2 and 3;
– Organizing a campaign to promote crafts and income-generating activities on social media.