In the framework of supporting and accompanying the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goal 5 on Gender equality and the African vision for the promotion of women’s rights, United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) through its African Local Governments Academy (ALGA) and the Moroccan Association of Presidents of Communal Councils (AMPCC) through the Network of Locally Elected Women of Africa in Morocco (REFELA-Morocco) organized an international training Seminar on the theme: “Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women and Girls for the Implementation of the ODD5 and the African Vision on Women’s Rights”, from 09 to 13 December 2019 at Hotel La Tour Hassan, in Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco.
This international training Seminar, which is also part of ALGA’s Action Plan for 2019, was supported by several Partners, including:
– The General Directorate of Local Authorities (DGCL) of the Ministry of the Interior of the Kingdom of Morocco;
– The Ministry of Solidarity, Social Development, Equality and Family of the Kingdom of Morocco;
– UN-Women – Multi-Country Office in the Maghreb and UN-Women in Malawi;
– Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM);
– The Union of Cities and Municipalities of Côte d’Ivoire (UVICOCI);
– The European Commission.
- For more information [+]