Report on the organization by ALGA of the 3° Study Tour for the Students of Florida International University of USA
In the framework of the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the UCLG-Africa and the International Commission on Accreditation of Public Administration Education and Training (ICAPA) on 21 December, 2016 in Morocco
– Based on the very positive evaluation of the organization of the first and second Study Tours organized in Morocco in 2014 and 2017 for the benefit of a group Master and Doctorate students of FIU
– Recalling the firm determination of the African Local Governments Academy (ALGA) of UCLG-Africa to be a globally engaged Academy
– Based on the mutual determination of ALGA and FIU to open up their environment and strengthen their collaboration, partnership and cooperation
– Within the framework of their respective Strategic Plans
– In the context of the promotion of the Moroccan-American relationships and partnership, especially through exchanges, collaboration and partnership between their Universities and High Schools
– Based on the proposal of FIU
ALGA and FIU are organizing the Third Study Tour for another group of FIU students in 2018.
GENERAL THEME OF THE STUDY TOUR
The Study Tour will focus on the general theme of “Contemporary issues of Public Administration and Governance, including at Regional & Local Levels”.
The general objective of this activity is to enable FIU students to know the main issues facing Public Administration and Governance, both in the African and the Moroccan Administration, and the fundamental reforms experienced to redress them, at central, regional and local levels.