Hybrid event during the COP26, in the framework of the 3rd Paris-Committee-on-Capacity-Building Hub at COP26, November 5th, 2021
Based on their Sound and Strategic Partnership, UCLG-Africa, through its ALGA Academy, the French Agency for the Ecological Transition ADEME and 4C-Morocco have decided to join efforts to organize a Hybrid event during the COP26 on “Joining efforts and Cooperating to promote an enabling environment for Capacity Building in Local Africa Climate Action”, in the framework of the 3rd Paris-Committee-on-Capacity-Building Hub at COP26, in particular during the Adaptation & Resilience Day.
- Organizing a Peer Learning moment on the engagement of Female Mayors in Africa as cross-cutting issue;
- Showing cases and sharing experiences and approaches on how UCLG-Africa Academy is tackling adaptation & resilience issues through sound, strategic and diverse Partnerships;
- Rising awareness about the main challenges facing capacity building for Adaptation and Resilience, in particular at Regional and Local Level in Africa;
- Sharing our vision, methodology, and activities concerning UCLG-Africa Climate Action through the empowerment of Human Capital at African local/regional level;
- Promoting a Community of practice on Capacity Building for Climate Action.
A Hybrid Side Event
Venue: 3rd Capacity-building Hub within COP26 (Blue zone)
Location: Glasgow, UK
Date: Friday November 5th, 2021, from 14:45pm to 15:45PM (Local Time in Glasgow and Rabat, UTC +1).
Language: English, French and Arabic.
- Concept Note HERE