ALGA of UCLG AFRICA joined officially the Board of the Middle East & North Africa Public Administration Research (MENAPAR) network during the 6th international conference of MENAPAR. Kingdom of Morocco, Ifrane, From 28 to 31 October, 2019
As a Partner of MENAPAR Network, ALGA of UCLG Africa participated in the 6th Annual Network Conference held from October 28th to 31st, 2019 at Al Akhawayn University of Ifrane in the Kingdom of Morocco.
The main outcomes of the Conference are as following:
1. Mobilization and participation of about 105 participants from Algeria, Bahrain, Belgium, France, Golf Council of Cooperation, Estonia, Iraq, Koweit, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, etc…
2. 76 participants supported MENAPAR through the registration fees;
3. The election of MENAPAR Board by the General Assembly. This Board is composed by : BIPA from Bahrain, GPC from Palestine, IGI from Tunisia, University of Mssila from Algaria, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane and ENSA from Morocco, ALGA of UCLG-Africa;
4. The new President of MENAPAR will be elected during the Governance Week of IISA-AISIA in Brussels, in February 2020;
5. The Best Practices Panel attracted 25 experiences from MENA Region (in the past, it was not more than 10 initiatives);
6. 60 papers were presented during the work of the Conference;
7. The creation of MENAPAR Award for the first time and this Award was won during the Conference by the National Accreditation Program for Health Care Facilities of Bahrain;
8. The membership fees have been decided as following: 120 euros for individuals, 300 euros for corporate Institutions and 60 euros for students;
9. The cultural diversity was taken into account due to the support of ENSA of Morocco;
10. The next MENAPAR Conference will be organized in Italy, Rome, in September 2020, within the EURO-MENA Dialogue. This Conference will also be an opportunity to benchmark, discuss, compare, learn and exchange;
11. The Conference was an opportunity to disseminate UCLG-Africa and ALGA vision and work;
12. The Delegations had the opportunity to discover the Culture and heritage of the City of Ifrane and the City of Fez, due to the support of the Honourable Mayors of Ifrane and Fez, beside the visit to Al Akhawayn Main Campus.